Ethos Community

One of the core objectives of Anatomy Warehouse is to educate medical students about the best resources in updating their knowledge about the human anatomy. Beginning our series about online resources for medical students, we’d like to introduce a wonderful site that we’ve been a fan of for years. Anatomy Atlases is run by two doctors, Dr. Michael D’Alessandro and Dr. Ronald Bergman. The website itself acts as an online library of anatomical information, both historical and current. The site’s purpose is to provide curated anatomical content to educate patients, healthcare providers, and students for free.

Please feel free to add any resource you think would be invaluable for this group. To read more, visit our website - http://www.anatomywarehouse.com/blog/2014/06/anatomy-resources-anat...

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks so much for sharing your recommendation of Anatomy Atlases. These virtual resources are invaluable! I will definitely be sharing other resources soon - great to have this group.

Also - it would be great to hear is the Anatomy Warehouse has virtual resources and how they are being used...and maybe some more general posts about how health, nutrition and wellbeing impact learning...or maybe something about the brain and learning ;-)

Thanks for sharing, Liz

Just found the Apps you have recommended in your post Four free apps for anatomy...very cool. I was particularly impressed with the Musculoskeletal System by 3D4Medical.com, LLC (with the personalised quiz questions), and with the IMAIOS e-Anatomy - especially the option to use the App in multiple languages. Awesome.

Here are a couple of resources I have come across in the past, which seem to be well-designed and easy to use. They are both accessible via a browser, and are both free.

Human Anatomy System by Inner Body has been designed to help people "Explore the human body like never before! With hundreds of interactive anatomy pictures and descriptions of thousands of objects in the body, InnerBody.com will help you discover what you want to know about human anatomy, right here at your fingertips" (source). I have worked with this online tool, and found it easy-to use, clear, and informative.

Anatomy Labs have collated some links to virtual resources (not all for human beings), that are "freely available online anatomy, physiology and virtual dissection lab resources". Three of the tools they recommend are:

• Get Body Smart – An online examination of human anatomy and physiology
  • Human Body & Mind – From the BBC
  • JayDoc HistoWeb – From the University of Kansas Medical Center. A histology atlas that corresponds with the laboratory exercises of the Cell & Tissue Biology course

Hi Hazel,

These are some excellent examples you've mentioned here. Brilliant work! : )

Anatomy Warehouse is primarily Ecommerce store for anatomical products , but we do tend to provide educational content for website visitors regularly. I'll be making sure to share these resources with the community here. 

Thanks again

Liz

Hi Liz. Anna Kingston recommended the following online game, asking "Have you seen this game to map the brain?". I went to have a play, and it's really good. The tutorials are excellent, and there is plenty of support...plus it has a competitive edge :-)

The game is introduced as follows:

Welcome to EyeWire, a game to map the brain from Seung Lab at MIT. 

Resources: 

Join the conversation on FacebookTwitter and Google+. Utilize the forums for questions and detailed interaction with both players and EyeWire HQ. Get the latest EyeWire news by subscribing to theEyeWire Blog

We'll see you online at EyeWire.org

Sebastian Seung and EyeWire HQ

RSS

© 2019   Created by Hazel Owen.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service